After making an appointment with us, you will return to our website to log in. After clicking the 'Go' button, you are then taken to the online proctoring room where you will go through the following steps.
1Connect to a proctorYou will connect with a live proctor from one of our two online proctoring centers via your web camera. This proctor will help you through the exam process and is available during the exam if technical difficulties arise.
2Connect your screenYou will connect your screen to the proctor. This allows the proctor to see your computer screen and enables the proctor to assist with step three so you may begin your exam.
3AuthenticationThe proctor will need to know that you are in fact the right test taker. The proctor will ask you to show a photo ID. The proctor will then snap a photo of you for your profile. Once that is completed, the proctor will ask you to answer a few questions about yourself. These questions are generated from a public information database.
To get started, just follow these simple steps.
- A web camera is needed so our proctors can watch you while you are taking your test. Don't have a web camera? ProctorU recommends just about any camera that can be purchased at your local electronics retailer.
- A microphone is also needed so our proctors can hear you while you are taking your test. Don't have a microphone? Just like the camera, ProctorU recommends any microphone that works on your PC. It can also be purchased at your local electronics retailer.
- Check the technical requirements page to make sure your computer and web camera meet the requirements.
- Watch the demo video in our How it Works section.
- Test your equipment out by going to our test it out page where a help desk technician will fully test your system for free.
- Create an account and schedule your exam. Be sure to provide a valid email address and a phone number where you can be reached when you are taking the exam.
- At the time of your exam, please go to http://go.proctoru.com and click on the "Go" button to start the process.
- If you have any questions, feel free to look at our FAQ section.
- Please visit www.proctoru.com/testitout to check your equipment before logging in.
- Be sure you are in a well-lit, quiet and private room. The lighting of your room must be daylight quality, and overhead lighting is preferred. If overhead lighting is not possible, please make sure that your light source is not directly behind you because it will make it difficult for your proctor to see you.
- Please have your photo ID ready.
- Please bring a reflective surface such as a mirror. This is so you can show the edges of your monitor to your proctor.
- Please make sure to close out all programs, applications, and websites that do not pertain to the exam.